Friday, January 18, 2013

12 Apostles Song


An amazing woman in my ward suggested coming up with a song to help the kids learn the Twelve Apostles in order. Here's what my husband and I came up with.

(to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")
Pack-er, Perr-y, Nel-son, Oaks,
Ba-llard, Scott and Hales,
Hol-land, Bed-nar, Cook, Chris-toff-er-son,
An-der-sen makes twelve.


Here are the words set to music:


I like to teach them this song just before General Conference so they recognize the names they'll be listening to. Then I pull  it out randomly through the year just to review. We also have pictures of the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles hanging in our Primary room so the kids can recognize their faces. If you don't, it might be a good idea to get some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment