Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Conversation Hearts


This is a nice easy activity that the kids still love!

Supplies needed:
  • 8-10 paper hearts of varying sizes
  • marker/pen
  • list of songs you want to sing (one song per heart)
  • tape/pins to hang hearts around the room
Set up:
  1. On each heart, write a phrase similar to one you'd find on a piece of conversation heart candy.  I tried to match my phrase to the song, but you could just use generic phrases.  Here are the ones I've used over the years:
      1. SMILE--Smiles (p. 267)
      2. 4 EVER--Families Can Be Together Forever (p. 188)
      3. SHH!--The Chapel Doors (p. 156) or Reverence Is Love (p. 31)
      4. Wise Up!--The Wise Man and The Foolish Man (p. 281)
      5. BIG KISS--Daddy's Homecoming (p. 210)
      6. MY CHILD--I Am a Child of God (p. 2)
      7. YOU'RE #1--child's choice
      8. I DO--Do As I'm Doing (p. 276)
      9. WHO LOVES YOU?--My Heavenly Father Loves Me (p. 228)
      10. ?--He Sent His Son (p. 36)
      11. SUNSHINE--Faith (p. 96)
      12. MY GIFT--I Will Follow God's Plan (p. 164)
      13. LOVE YOU--Love One Another (p. 136)
      14. LOVE--Love is Spoken Here (p. 190)
      15. I CHOOSE U--Choose the Right (hymn 239)
      16. BE TRUE--Stand For the Right (p. 159)
  2. For an extra challenge for Senior Primary, I make them answer a question before I reveal the song. Here are some of the questions I've asked:
      1. What is Heavenly Father's gift to us? (John 3:16)
      2. Tell us who St. Valentine was. (This was a lot of fun to research).
      3. What would be the perfect Valentine's gift for you?
      4. Read John 13:34, then guess the song (corresponds to 'Love One Another')
      5. Fill in the blank (use lyrics or song titles)
      6. Tell us how to say 'I love you' in another language.
      7. Fill in the blank: ________ is the pure love of Christ (Moroni 7:47)
      8. Tell us one reason why you love your dad.
      9. Tell us one reason why you love your mom.
      10. Tell us your favorite Primary song (corresponds to 'child's choice').
Game play:
  1. Very simple--Hang the hearts around the Primary room, then have a child pick a heart. Sing the corresponding song (or have them answer a question first if you decide to do that option).

No comments:

Post a Comment